Start September by surrounding yourself with a new scent
With September upon us, and cooler Fall temperatures (hopefully) not too far behind, your makeup bag and wardrobe aren’t the only things that need a refresh. Since my obsession with scent extends beyond my body, I always start a new season with new olfactory ambience in the form of candles and diffusers—and this year I think I’m going with Saigon-based Cochine, which has hit the U.S. just in time (for me, at least).
Well-known in Europe and Asia, there’s a story behind every scent in this luxurious collection, and here’s the breakdown:
- Vietnamese Rose & Delentii: FYI, this is an orchid indigenous to Vietnam—I had to Google it.
- Tuberose & Wild Fig: Delish.
- Vanille & Tabac Noir: Sounds sexy…
- White Jasmine & Gardenia: Saving this one for Spring.
- Agarwood & Amber: My husband would be way into this one.
- Frangipani & Neroli: Need. This. Now.
- Juniper & Ginger: Not really my jam.
- Water Hyacinth & Lime Blossom: Also bookmarked for Spring.
In addition to candles (standard size, 4-wick and travel-sized votives), the line also includes reed diffusers—and everything is packaged so beautifully that they are ready to gift (no wrapping required). And in case you’re wondering what the beauty “hook” is here, select scents are available in Eau de Parfum atomizer trios, hand washes and lotions—so you can coordinate your scent with your surroundings.
I mean, how gorgeous are these? If you haven’t started a holiday list (for yourself or others) yet, get on it and put Cochine at the very top!