These skincare stats will definitely surprise you…
Have you ever wondered how your skincare routine compares to those of others? From the number of products we use and the cost of our lotions and potions to the role of geography and more, our friends at SkinStore surveyed 3,000 women between the ages of 16 and 75, and here’s what they found…
- The average woman uses 16 products in the morning before leaving the house.
- The average woman will spend roughly $300,000 on facial skincare products over her lifetime.
- The average daily skincare cost is $8. New York, Connecticut and West Virginia (really?) have the highest price per day at $11, while Montana has the least expensive at $3.50.
- Only 10% of women use makeup remover before cleansing.
- 89% of women use eye cream every morning and evening.
- Most women will spend more than $50 on moisturizer.
- 33% of women refuse to leave the house without foundation.
- California women spend the least amount of time getting ready, spending only 3 minutes max on skincare AND makeup.
- Alaskan women spend the most on moisturizer, at a minimum of $47 a pop.
- South Carolina women spend the most on foundation, with an average minimum of $45.
- Only 15% of women use one brand for their entire skincare regimen.
So how do you (and your skincare and makeup routines) stack up?